The best way to Change URL of the Joomla Web site in cPanel?
We are able to change Joomla web site URL by modifying the configuration.php file. Think about the state of affairs you need to change your area identify to a brand new one. You’ll be able to change it within the configuration.php file however there may be a number of URL within the Joomla database as a result of a lot of the pages are fetching from the database. On this tutorial, we’ll present change the URL of the Joomla.
1) Login to cPanel and go to “File Supervisor”.
2) Then find doc root of the web site and open the file configuration.php.
Discover the entry.
Then change area identify as an alternative of outdated area identify.
3) Save the adjustments.
4) Then discover database identify of your Joomla web site. You will discover this from the configuration.php file.
Earlier than modifying the database, you’ll want to take a backup of your database. In case the method is failed. you may restore the database from the backup.
In any other case, you may take database backup through phpMyAdmin.
Login to cPanel >> DATABASES >> phpMyAdmin.
5) Choose your Joomla database after which click on on “EXPORT ” within the high menu.
6) As soon as the export course of is accomplished, you may take a replica of that .sql file for the backup.
7) Then open that exported file with a textual content editor (eg. Notepad).
8) Discover all your outdated URL and change with new one.
9) Upon getting changed all URLs, save this .sql file
10)Now you may import this .sql file to your Joomla database.
11) Login to cPanel>>DATABASES >> phpMyAdmin.
Choose our Joomla database after which click on on “IMPORT” within the high menu after which choose the .sql file which you could have changed URL.
It’s possible you’ll refer following KB to import SQL file https://www.webhostingpeople.netternet/ideas/kb/importing-sql-file-mysql-via-command-line-phpmyadmin/
Exchange URL through CLI
When you’ve got SSH entry, you may take database backup merely run a command. Additionally, you may change URL by utilizing sed command
1) Login to the server through SSH
2) Run the next command to take database backup.
mysqldump -u dbuser -p dbname > dbname.sql
3) Take a replica of the backup file
cp -p dbname.sql dbname-bak.sql
4) Run the next command to interchange URL.
sed -i ‘s/orginal_entry/newentry/g’ dbname.sql
5) Run the next command to revive the brand new database.
mysql -u dbuser -p dbname < dbname.sql
6) If this changing course of failed, restore the outdated database
mysql -u dbuser dbname < dbname-bak.sql
When you want any additional help please contact our assist division.
Knowledge Base Articles
- 3rd Party Software
- Cloud Hosting
- Cloud Wrdpress hosting
- Dedicated Server
- Domain Transfers
- Internet Email
- Linux Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Web Hosting
- Website Migration
- Windows DotNet Hosting