How to Clone a Git Repository in cPanel?
The Git Duplicate Management is an innovative feature released by cPanel in its latest update in version 72. The new feature allows you to easily host a private or public Git repository in your cPanel account. You can utilize Git to manage any set of files (for instance, a website’s files and assets, a software development project, or simple text files).
Git was designed for the Linux kernel, and it is very popular with the development community. By using the Git Duplicate Management feature, you can also replicate a repository that already exists on the Web directly into your cPanel account.
Git records all changes we have made on the Git-managed content such as code, text files, etc. And it also stores the history of every line you have modified. In other words, Git stores the data as a sequence of snapshots. In this documentation, we have discussed how to replicate a Git repository on cPanel.
Replicate Git Repository on cPanel
No command-line work is required to deploy your project from a Git Repository if you are using cPanel. Simply follow the steps given below, and you are good to go.
1) Log into cPanel.
2) Navigate to the Files Section.
3) Select the option “Git Duplicate Management”.
4) If you want to replicate a repository that already exists on the Web, toggle on the “Replicate a Repository” button.
5) Copy the duplicate URL of the git repository into the “Duplicate URL” section on the page.
6) In the next section, you need to specify the file path for the repository. Please note that the replicated repository provides its own directory.
7) Next, enter a name for the repository in the “Repository Title” section.
8) Click on the “Create” button at the bottom of the form.
Now, The cPanel will replicate the required git repository from the git server directly into your cPanel account. If you want to do it from the command line, you can easily enable SSH access in your cPanel.
cPanel / WHM
- Show all articles ( 83 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 140 ) Collapse Articles
- Articles coming soon
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 37 ) Collapse Articles