The Git Model Management is a brand new function launched by cPanel in its newest replace in model 72. The brand new function lets you simply host a non-public or public Git repository in your cPanel account. You should utilize Git to take care of any set of information (for instance, a website’s information and belongings, a software program improvement undertaking, or easy textual content information).
Git was designed for the Linux kernel, and it is rather in style with the event group. By utilizing the Git Model Management function, it’s also possible to clone a repository that already exists on the Net straight into your cPanel account.
Git information all modifications we have now made on the Git-managed content material similar to code, textual content information, and so forth. And it additionally shops the historical past of each line you will have modified. In different phrases, Git shops the info as a sequence of snapshots. On this documentation, we have now mentioned tips on how to clone a Git repository on cPanel.
Clone Git Repository on cPanel
There isn’t a command-line work required to deploy your undertaking from Git Repository if you’re utilizing cPanel. Simply comply with the steps given under, and you might be good to go.
1) Log into cPanel.
2) Go to Information Part.
3) Select the choice “Git Model Management”.
4) If you wish to clone a repository that already exists on the Net, toggle on the “Clone a Repository” button.
5) Copy the clone URL of the git repository into the “Clone URL” part on the web page.
6) On the subsequent part, it is advisable specify the file path for the repository. Please understand that the cloned repository offers its personal listing.
7) Subsequent, enter a reputation for the repository within the “Repository Title” part.
8) Click on on the “Create” button on the backside of the shape.
Now, The cPanel will clone the required git repository from the git server straight into your cPanel account. If you wish to do it from the command line, you’ll be able to simply allow SSH entry in your cPanel.
Knowledge Base Articles
- 3rd Party Software
- Cloud Hosting
- Cloud Wrdpress hosting
- Dedicated Server
- Domain Transfers
- Internet Email
- Linux Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Web Hosting
- Website Migration
- Windows DotNet Hosting