How to Replace MySQL With MariaDB on a cPanel Server?
Learn how to Exchange MySQL With MariaDB on a cPanel Server?
MariaDB is without doubt one of the globally accepted database servers on the earth. It’s made by the MySQL builders and assured to remain open supply. MariaDB is an enhanced substitute for MySQL. MySQL 5.1 is appropriate with MariaDB 5.1, 5.2, and 5.Three and in addition the MySQL 5.5 is appropriate with MariaDB 5.5 too. It consists of the XtraDB storage engine for changing InnoDB. MariaDB is developed as open supply software program and as a relational database, it offers an SQL interface for accessing knowledge. The most recent variations of MariaDB consists of GIS and JSON options. On this tutorial let’s take a look into how we are able to change the present MySQL with MariaDB.
1) Login to your server through SSH as root.
# ssh root@IPaddress
2) To keep away from knowledge loss, take a backup of the present mysql knowledge.
# cp -Rf /var/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql_backup
# mv /and so forth/my.cnf /and so forth/my.cnf.backup
3) Just remember to have disabled the targets in order that cPanel gained’t deal with MySQL updates.
# /scripts/update_local_rpm_versions –edit target_settings.MySQL50 uninstalled
# /scripts/update_local_rpm_versions –edit target_settings.MySQL51 uninstalled
# /scripts/update_local_rpm_versions –edit target_settings.MySQL55 uninstalled
4) Now it’s a must to take away all of the MySQL RPM’s from the server.
# /scripts/check_cpanel_rpms –repair –targets=MySQL50,MySQL51,MySQL55
5) You must create a Yum repository for MariaDB, create a file identify “MariaDB.repo” contained in the listing /and so forth/yum.repos.d/
# vi /and so forth/yum.repos.d/MariaDB.repo
Paste the next entries contained in the newly created file.
identify = MariaDB
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/5.5.34/centos7-amd64/
6) After the above steps let set up the MariaDB now.
# yum set up MariaDB-server MariaDB-client MariaDB-devel
7) Now begin the MySQL service.
# systemctl begin mysql.service
8) Then improve the mysql.
9) After the improve restarts the mysql service.
# systemctl restart mysql.service
10) Ultimately, recompile Apache with PHP to complete the substitute.
# /scripts/easyapache –construct
Therefore now we have changed MySQL with MariaDB. You’ll be able to confirm it by executing the next command.
# mysql -V
For those who want any additional help please contact our help division.