The ConfigServer ModSecurity Management(CMC) is one other helpful characteristic through which we will handle mod_security guidelines and configuration from throughout the WHM panel. CMC is a free add-on product for cPanel which supplies user-friendly web-interface for managing mod_security. By this mod-security addon we will allow or disable mod-security for a selected cPanel account or we will disable any particular person guidelines on per account or per area foundation. The next ones are the checklist of benefits of ConfigServer ModSecurity Management(CMC):
1) Disable mod_security guidelines which have distinctive ID numbers on a world, per cPanel consumer or per hosted area degree
2) Disable mod_security completely, additionally on a world, per cPanel consumer or per hosted area degree
3) Edit information containing mod_security configuration settings in /usr/native/apache/conf
4) View the most recent mod_security log entries
This characteristic additionally helps us to trace the log entry for the area which hosted on our server. By that, we will perceive if any of the principles trigger any points for the domains. So we will disable such guidelines for the area by means of the interface.
I’ve listed out the necessities for this characteristic beneath:
1) Apache v2+
2) mod_security v2.5+ put in through EasyApache
3) A set of mod_security guidelines every of which makes use of a novel ID
Let’s talk about the steps to put in ConfigServer ModSecurity Management in cPanel server.
The preliminary step is to entry your server through SSH as root consumer after which obtain the most recent model of ConfigServer ModSecurity Management(CMC) and extract the file.
# wget http://www.configserver.com/free/cmc.tgz
# tar -xzf cmc.tgz
As soon as it accomplished, it’s worthwhile to enter the listing and execute the set up script by executing beneath instructions.
# cd cmc/
# sh set up.sh
As soon as the set up accomplished, then you possibly can see the ConfigServer ModSecurity Management administration space through your WHM panel below the part “Plugins”.
If it’s worthwhile to uninstall the plugin it’s worthwhile to execute the beneath instructions by login to your server as root consumer.
# cd cmc/
# sh uninstall.sh
For those who want any additional assist please do attain our help division.