Install Matomo Self-Hosted Analytics on cPanel
Matomo, previously often known as Piwik, is a free and open-source internet analytics software. It runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. Matomo helps to trace on-line visits on a number of web sites and shows experiences on these visits for evaluation.
Steps to Set up Matomo utilizing cPanel
1) Login to cPanel and navigate to the “Recordsdata” class and choose the “File Supervisor” to entry it.
2) Obtain Matomo (PIWIK) from the official web site to your native system.
3) Create a folder named “Analytics” by clicking the “Folder” tab from the cPanel’s “File Supervisor” menu to retailer all of the Matomo recordsdata.
4) Then add the downloaded Matomo zip file to the created folder.
5) Extract the Matomo zip file by right-clicking the file and deciding on the “Extract” choice.
6) After extraction, transfer all of the recordsdata underneath the folder “matomo” from /public_html/analytics/matomo to /public_html/analytics folder.
7) For safety causes, now you can delete these beneath two recordsdata from the /public_html/analytics folder.
The right way to set up Matomo.html
8) Navigate to the “Databases” class within the cPanel portal and click on on “MySQL Databases” to create database and person for the Matomo self-hosted analytics.
9) Open the browser and level your area or IP linked to your internet hosting service together with the folder title (analytics) created in cPanel to put in Matomo.
10) After opening the folder within the browser, it’s essential set-up the “Wizard of self-hosted Google Analytics PIWIK”.
Setup Wizard of self-hosted Google Analytics PIWIK
1) Click on on the button “Subsequent”.
2) The Wizard checks if the system requires any dependencies to run and set up Matomo in your internet hosting server routinely.
3) Then we have to arrange the database particulars by updating username and password within the respective subject after which click on “Subsequent”.
Now, It can create tables within the database and populate the tables if wanted.
5) You’ll be able to create a brilliant or admin person for Matomo underneath the “SuperUser” tab.
6) Beneath the “Arrange a Web site” tab, you may add the web site particulars for which it’s essential get the monitoring particulars.
8) Now you may log in to Matomo utilizing the credentials of the tremendous or admin person to open the Matomo dashboard.
The right way to Migrate a Explicit Web site in Matomo to a Totally different Matomo Set up
A Matomo plugin can be utilized emigrate a specific web site from one occasion to a special one. After the migration, we have to replace the monitoring code on our web site. Additionally, make sure that the Matomo URL and Web site ID referred are appropriate.
When we have to migrate a specific web site from one Matomo to a special one:
1) If you wish to transfer a buyer’s internet analytics knowledge to an impartial Matomo occasion. Then we are able to arrange a brand new Matomo occasion for his or her web site and migrate all their web site knowledge to the brand new Matomo occasion. After doing that, you may delete all their knowledge from the outdated Matomo occasion.
2) When you’ve got a number of Matomo cases and have to consolidate all of them right into a single Matomo occasion for simpler upkeep. Then you may migrate all of your web site knowledge from the a number of cases to the chosen Matomo occasion by operating the Migration device on every Matomo that must be migrated. After the completion of the migration, we have to replace the monitoring codes to discuss with the brand new occasion URL and Web site ID. Then you may uninstall all the opposite Matomo cases.
The right way to Migrate Matomo from One Server to One other
If it’s essential transfer Matomo from one server to a different, then it’s essential transfer the entire listing containing Matomo recordsdata and database to a different MySQL Server. You’ll be able to observe the next steps emigrate the whole Matomo recordsdata and database to a different server:
1) First, it’s essential export your MySQL database in a file utilizing some instruments like phpMyAdmin or mysqldump. You may make a full copy of the MySQL database by operating the mysqldump command.
$ time mysqldump --extended-insert --no-autocommit --quick --single-transaction MATOMO_DATABASE_NAME -uMATOMO_DATABASE_USERNAME -p > matomo_backup_database.sql
2) Compress this backup earlier than sending it to the backup server.
$ tar zcf matomo-mysql-database-$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S).sql.tar.gz matomo_backup_database.sql
3) Import the backup to the brand new server through the use of phpMyAdmin or restore the DB backup by operating the next command, and this creates Matomo tables in your database:
$ mysql MATOMO_DATABASE_NAME -uMATOMO_DATABASE_USERNAME -p < matomo_backup_database.sql
4) Obtain the identical model of the Matomo on the brand new server. Throughout set up, specify the MySQL server, login, password, and desk prefix in order that Matomo can detect the tables, current web sites, and experiences routinely.
6) When you’ve got set any auto-archiving crons within the outdated server, then it’s essential arrange the identical cron script on the brand new server.
Please observe that if you are migrating Matomo from one server to a different, the visits usually are not tracked.
In the event you want any additional assist, please do attain our assist division. When you’ve got any questions concerning this tutorial, please tell us within the remark part given beneath. We’re completely happy to assist!