Migration from cPanel to Webmin/Virtualmin
Virtualmin can import the accounts from cPanel by taking the entire cPanel backup file together with all mailboxes, databases, contents,.. and so on. This type of migration course of is far quicker than others however want a particular consideration as a result of a few of the options of Webmin shouldn’t be enabled mechanically while you migrate the location. The location will work after migration however have to allow particular options that solely specified by the Webmin with care and testing. To repeat or switch all of the providers from cPanel to Virtualmin, to start with we have to take the recent backup of them. We will generate the total cPanel backup through the use of the next steps:
1) Login to cPanel–> Backup –> Obtain a Full Account Backup.
Then you may create an ftp account or you may change the permission of backup to obtain on the server.
2) Now you can obtain the generated backup file to your Virtualmin server by way of FTP or wget choice. For this, login to your Webmin server by way of back-end entry, then attempt to obtain the backups in a display screen utilizing ftp or wget choice. In case your backup is bigger than a number of megabytes, you may copy the file utilizing a dependable switch mechanism, like SCP. All Linux programs have scp inbuilt, and so can simply be used to repeat the file to your new Virtualmin server.
3) When you downloaded the backup file from supply server to vacation spot server, now you may proceed with the restoration course of. The restoration course of on Webmin/Virtualmin some what totally different from the opposite migration like cPanel to cPanel and cPanel to Webuzo cross migrations.
NOTE: Earlier than migrating emails from cPanel to Webmin , confirm if each the servers has suitable e mail codecs? The vacation spot server e mail format ought to match with the cPanel mail format. You’ll be able to confirm it by checking any of the “Maildir” listing of the e-mail account.
We will now talk about concerning the remaining migration course of on Webmin/Virtualmin.
1) Login to your Virtualmin Dashboard.
2) Click on on the choice “Add servers” proven within the left aspect panel.
3) Then click on on the “Migrate Digital Server” choice.
4) Choose Supply Backup File : For those who add the backup to the digital server by way of any of the choice we already specified like FTP or wget, then you may choose the choice “Native file or listing”. For those who obtain the backup to the native PC then choose “Add to server” choice.
5) Choose a ‘Backup File Sort’ of cPanel.
6) Choose Area identify emigrate and Fill in Username for area by switching from “Work out from backup, if doable”. And it have to be any legitimate username , however for ease of use, chances are you’ll want to use the identical identify used underneath cPanel.
7) Select a Password for administrator.
8) The remaining choices will be left to their defaults.
9) Lastly, click on on the button ‘Migrate Now’.
For those who want any additional assist, please do attain our help division.