Have you ever ever get an error like “Your hostname, and the servername you’ve got set in DirectAdmin, server.host.com, don’t match”?. When you have received this message, there’s a answer to this.
This error is especially occurring as a result of incorrect setup /dev/null file.
Initially, makes positive the hostname isn’t merely clean. To test this,
1) Login to the server by way of ssh as the foundation consumer.
2) Then execute the command given beneath.
3) Please be be sure that one thing is displayed. If you’ll be able to see any output, then the answer is to set it appropriately. In any other case please execute the next instructions.
mknod -m 0666 /dev/null c 1 3
4) We will even have another confirmed answer for if you get the error message like as follows. “hostname: Identify or service not identified”. If you’re getting this error message, then please login to the server as root consumer by way of ssh.
5) Run the next command.
vi /and so forth/hosts
6) You’ll get an output like follows.
7) Change the hostname to as follows.
1.2.3.Four abc.hostname.com abc
After this, additionally you’re getting the identical error, then it signifies that it’s worthwhile to replace the hostname.
8) Login to DirectAdmin as an admin consumer with the password.
9) Navigate to Admin Settings >> Servername.
10) Set the hostname as you desired and reserve it.
11) We have to change it to one thing else, then again once more to re-sync it. And we now have to make sure that we now have a full zone for the hostname in our DNS. For this login to direct admin as an admin consumer.
12) Navigate to DNS administration.
13) Enter the area particulars and save the file.
14) Now you may restart the providers for the DirectAdmin.
service directadmin restart
Should you want any additional assist, please do attain our assist division.
Knowledge Base Articles
- 3rd Party Software
- Cloud Hosting
- Cloud Wrdpress hosting
- Dedicated Server
- Domain Transfers
- Internet Email
- Linux Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Web Hosting
- Website Migration
- Windows DotNet Hosting