Necessary Log File Areas in DirectAdmin
In an effort to troubleshoot the error and investigating the problems, it is extremely necessary to know the situation of logs recordsdata on the server. These logs from the server log recordsdata assist us to grasp the character of the issue. So, we will say that the log recordsdata play an necessary position within the error troubleshooting course of. There are such a lot of management panels can be found right now. For every management panel, the log recordsdata and their places are totally different. Right here, we’re discussing with the DirectAdmin management panel. DirectAdmin is hosting management panel software program, much like cPanel, which permit us to handle web sites and so many internet hosting choices utilizing a graphical, web-based interface. DirectAdmin automates duties in order that net servers will be simply shared and provides website online homeowners a approach to shortly set-up and handle web sites. Listed here are some necessary and generally utilizing log recordsdata for Linux server which has DirectAdmin as a management panel.
1) Following are the Default DirectAdmin log recordsdata. These log recordsdata info exhibits system associated logs location, safe login logs, audit logs and so forth.
2) Apache is the most well-liked net server. By utilizing these apache logs, we will simply discover out the issues with apache server, syntax associated errors and who’s accessing what pages by the entry log recordsdata and so forth. Although the person website has its personal visitors log file situated underneath the totally different path. However normal troubleshooting on apache will be performed utilizing the 2 log recordsdata ie. error_log and access_log. All of the apache log file places are listed beneath.
# /var/log/messages (generic errors)
3) ProFTPD gives a number of totally different and flexing logging mechanisms. The three most important log recordsdata of FTP are ProFTP Entry Logs, ProFTP Auth Logs, PureFTPd Logs.
#/var/log/messages (generic errors)
The PureFTPd log file is as follows.
4) Exim is Mail switch agent and it has three main log file i.e exim_mainlog, exim_rejectlog and exim_paniclog. The primary log file exhibits SMTP switch logs the place you’ll be able to assess if the e-mail was efficiently delivered or not. Reject log will present incoming emails rejection and the panic log will present logs associated to exim server if failed.
5) Dovecot and vm-pop3d logs are as follows.
6) Subsequent, we’re going to focus on Mysql server logs. Every bit of details about mysql startup, shutdown or database errors are saved in a single file. The trail of the file will be modified as per the system configurations. You possibly can monitor the log file with tail command and see mysql associated actions. Extra necessary it will possibly present which database tables are corrupted and desires repairing.
If MySQL gradual question log is enabled in your my.cnf. Then the file location will likely be:
7) Yow will discover the cron job logs from the beneath log file location.
8) Named (Bind) Logs are included within the generic log location.
If you happen to want any additional help please contact our help division.