Email Account Password Reset in cPanel and Webmail
In the realm of email administration, creating new accounts and removing outdated ones are common tasks that we handle. Another important process is resetting the passwords for existing email accounts. This is a crucial step that is recommended to be done periodically as a security measure. In this knowledge base article, I will explain two methods for resetting the password of your email account.
Resetting Email Account Password via cPanel
1) Log in to your cPanel account.
2) Navigate to the “Email Accounts” option under the “EMAIL” section.
3) Directly access the “Password and Authentication” link for the specific email address.
4) Enter the new password in both the “Password” and “Password (Again)” boxes, and then click the “Change Password” button to reset the password for the email account.
Resetting Email Account Password via Webmail
1) Log in to the Webmail.
2) Click on the email address displayed on the top-right corner of the webmail interface and choose the “Password & Security” option from the provided menu.
3) Enter the new password you wish to use for your email account in both the “New Password” and “Confirm New Password” boxes. Then click the “Save” button to reset your old password with the new one.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support department.
cPanel / WHM
- Show all articles ( 83 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 140 ) Collapse Articles
- Articles coming soon
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 37 ) Collapse Articles