How to Remove /wordpress/ from Your WordPress Blog URL
Whereas putting in the WordPress platform is often a really fast and easy process, many first timers find yourself putting in it right into a sub listing in order that their web site URL seems to be like this: yourblog.com/wordpress/. In case your weblog is put in in such a fashion and your web site solely incorporates a weblog slightly than different elements as nicely, you need to ideally change this so that folks will at all times be capable to entry your weblog just by visiting your area. This information takes a have a look at how one can change your WordPress set up as simply as doable.
- Log in to your WordPress administrator dashboard and navigate to Settings > Normal. Within the Website Tackle (URL) subject, take away /wordpress/ in order that solely the area itself stays.
- Utilizing an FTP shopper, log in to your Net server. Your internet hosting firm will seemingly present their very own Net-based FTP shopper which it is possible for you to to entry out of your account web page. Alternatively, you need to use an installable FTP shopper resembling FileZilla.
- Browse to your /wordpress/ listing and obtain the index.php and .htaccess information. The latter could also be hidden, wherein case you’ll need to configure your FTP shopper to show hidden information.
- Open index.php in Notepad and find the next line:require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . ‘/wp-blog-header.php’ );
Change this line with the next:
require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . ‘/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php’ );
Save your modifications and shut the file.
- Add each information to the basis listing of your FTP server. They need to share the folder with the WordPress folder. Overwrite the present index.php file if required.
Folks will now be capable to go to your WordPress weblog just by getting into the area. Nevertheless, if you need to log in to your administrator dashboard, you’ll nonetheless want to go to the unique URL together with the /wordpress/ half.
2 Responses to “Methods to Take away /wordpress/ from Your WordPress Weblog URL”
cPanel / WHM
- Show all articles ( 83 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 140 ) Collapse Articles
- Articles coming soon
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 37 ) Collapse Articles