WordPress Redirection Using Plugins
Utilizing Plugins to Redirect in WordPress
WordPress is a PHP and MySQL-based open-source content management system (CMS). It is a highly effective and user-friendly CMS for creating websites and blogs. It offers a wide range of free themes and plugins to enhance the appearance and functionality of your website. However, when using WordPress on your domains, there may be issues with the built-in redirect function in cPanel. Redirects are a way for your website to send a request to another website when you browse. There are different types of redirects, such as 301, 302, 307, etc. In this article, we will focus on the importance of 301 redirects.
Now, let’s go through the steps to implement WordPress redirection using a plugin:
1) To access the dashboard of your website, log in to your WordPress admin dashboard by visiting http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin and entering your username and password.
Once you are logged in, follow the instructions on how to install a plugin by visiting https://www.webhostingpeople.web/suggestions/kb/how-to-install-plugins-in-wordpress/. In this case, we will install the ‘Redirection’ plugin, which is a secure and frequently updated plugin compared to others.
2) After activating the above-mentioned plugin, navigate to Tools >> Redirection to set up the redirects. This plugin not only helps with setting up the redirections but also enables you to track all the 404 errors on your website. You can then set up a redirection for those errors to the appropriate destination within your website.
By clicking on the Gear icon next to the ‘Add Redirect’ button, you will have advanced options for the redirections. You can choose the type of redirection, name, etc.
The above-mentioned plugins make it easy to set up redirects on a WordPress website. They also help in identifying 404 errors and allow for the import/export of redirects.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our support department.
cPanel / WHM
- Show all articles ( 83 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 140 ) Collapse Articles
- Articles coming soon
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 37 ) Collapse Articles