How to Change WordPress Theme by Editing Database?
Usually we alter a WordPress theme from our WordPress dashboard. Inn some circumstances, updating a plugin just isn’t appropriate with our present theme, so we have to swap our WordPress theme. In such conditions the one option to change the theme is manually from the database.
Steps to vary the WordPress theme inside phpMyAdmin
1) Log into cPanel.
2) Navigate to FileManager below ‘Information’ part.
3) Open ‘wp-config.php’ file and test the database identify.
4) Navigate to phpMyAdmin below ‘Databases’ and open the database for the WordPress web site.
5) Open wp-options desk from the database.
6) Find and open two rows known as the template and the stylesheet.
7) Open each template and the stylesheet. Then substitute the present theme by including the brand new theme in option_value.
8) Click on “Go” to allow modifications.
You’ll be able to change the WordPress theme by the terminal utilizing the next steps.
1) Login to the server utilizing SSH command.
2) Add the theme within the theme folder.
3) Login to MySQL utilizing the beneath command.
# mysql -u root -p
4) Swap to web site database
5) Test the present theme which is utilized in WordPress web site utilizing the next command.
SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘template’ OR option_name = ‘stylesheet’ OR option_name = ‘current_theme’;
6) Now replace the WordPress theme utilizing the bellow command.
UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = ‘Themename’ WHERE option_name = ‘template’;
Should you want any additional assist please contact our assist division.