How to Remove Tabs from the WordPress Administrator Dashboard
Be aware : We haven’t examined this on newest WordPress themes. So proceed at your individual threat.
Whereas the WordPress administrator dashboard supplies many helpful options for serving to you construct your weblog or different web site, few individuals will discover that they require all of them. Notably if you happen to set up plenty of plugins, your dashboard sidebar will shortly find yourself getting severely cluttered, and this may decelerate the interface and reduce your productiveness. Luckily, it’s potential in newer variations of WordPress to take away sure menu gadgets which you haven’t any use for by including just a few traces of code to your theme capabilities file. For instance, in case your web site is a static one moderately than a traditional weblog, you’ll in all probability by no means use the Posts or Feedback sections, so why not take away them? This information exhibits you the right way to take away the tabs you don’t want with out having to put in any additional plugins.
- Log in to your WordPress administrator dashboard and navigate to Look > Edit. Open the funcitons.php file beneath Theme Capabilities within the sidebar to the best.
- Scroll down the web page of code and paste the next traces of code into the file:
remove_menu_page( ‘index.php’ ); //Dashboard
remove_menu_page( ‘edit.php’ ); //Posts
remove_menu_page( ‘add.php’ ); //Media
remove_menu_page( ‘edit.php?post_type=web page’ ); //Pages
remove_menu_page( ‘edit-comments.php’ ); //Feedback
remove_menu_page( ‘themes.php’ ); //Look
remove_menu_page( ‘plugins.php’ ); //Plugins
remove_menu_page( ‘customers.php’ ); //Customers
remove_menu_page( ‘instruments.php’ ); //Instruments
remove_menu_page( ‘options-general.php’ ); //Settings
add_action( ‘admin_menu’, ‘remove_menus’ );
- Edit the above code to customise which gadgets seem and which of them don’t in your administrator dashboard. To do that, merely take away the traces of code referring to the menu pages you need to maintain. Utilizing the entire above code will take away the entire default tabs from the sidebar, which you in all probability don’t need.
- If you wish to take away submenus from particular tabs, you are able to do so through the use of the remove_submenu_page command as a substitute of the remove_menu_page command. For instance, if you wish to disguise the Themes part of the Look tab, you need to use the next line of code:
Remove_submenu_page( ‘themes.php’ );
- Save your adjustments by clicking “Replace File” on the backside of the web page. In the event you change your theme, you will have to edit the capabilities.php file once more, since this code is particular to the at present activated theme moderately than the WordPress platform itself.