As of 8/1/2016 Acquia will now not offer internet hosting for Drupal Gardens clients. With that in thoughts WebHostingPeople is providing a promotion of 1 penny for the primary month of service adopted with a per month-to-month charge of $5 in an effort to assist all these clients discover a new house. We’re supply totally managed and free migrations that are then dealt with by our staff of migration specialists. Our service comes with 24/7 on website help and with no contractual obligation.
Whenever you export or migrate over to WebHostingPeople it won’t disrupt your web site’s format or performance in anyway. Under we now have outlined the important thing steps which can be required for a profitable migration.
Signal Up Now
In an effort to export your web site to a backup:
- Login in as an admin to your web site with the System: Administer website configuration web site permission.
- Go to Configuration > Website export.
- Then Choose a cause for exporting the checklist, and supply us along with your cause for exporting the location. You may be required to offer additional clarification in a textual content field.
- Choose Export.
- Shortly after Drupal Gardens creates a backup file, it’s going to ship the file to your browser. Then save the .tar.gz file to your laptop.Fast Tip: Various upon the scale of your website, it sometimes takes a brief time period for Drupal Gardens to create a backup and ship it over to your browser.
- Consider the .tar.gz file to make sure that it carries the information referring to your Drupal Gardens website.
Fast Tip: File sizes might fluctuate, subsequently archived information for big Drupal Gardens websites might not have information within the /websites/default/information folder.
In case your archive file has no information within the docroot/websites/default/information folder, we advise taking the next steps and downloading them from Drupal Gardens:
- It is best to set up or have entry to the wget utility.
- Take away the archive file to a unique location in your laptop.
- Use the command window to seek out the brand new docroot folder utilizing the cd command.
- Use the next command relying upon your OS:
- Mac OS X
- Home windows
Drupal Gardens will direct your website’s remaining information to the docroot/websites/default/information folder.
Fast Tip: The positioning archive file doesn’t embrace the /websites/default/information/types folder or its sub-folders. Whenever you import the location archive file into one other Drupal atmosphere, Drupal recreates the /types folder and its sub-folders.
You also needs to export your website from the My websites web page by deciding on Export website within the website’s Actions menu.
Getting Able to Import:
- Obtain a brand new website archive file out of your private Drupal Gardens website.
- Take the information from the location archive file to the folder from which your net service hosts your website’s information. That new folder would be the docroot of your web site.Fast Tip: Whenever you take the contents of the location archive file, you shouldn’t make a folder referred to as docroot. Nevertheless, take the location archive file contents of the docroot immediately into the folder that hosts your web site’s information. This may embrace the information in sub-folders (similar to /websites) with a maintained folder construction.
- Find the brand new docroot folder to your website the place you’ll then open credentials-[sitename]-user1_[random].txt, the place [sitename] is your Drupal Gardens site-name, and [random] is an enormous array of numbers and letters.
- Purchase the User1 person title and password from that file.User1 is a Drupal superuser account. Up to now this was not readily accessible when your website had been hosted by Drupal Gardens. When the location archive file creation course of happens, Drupal Gardens creates a brand new person title (user_1 plus a random textual content string) and generates a brand new password.
For additional details about the person accounts within the credentials file, see Exporting your website.
- Within the new atmosphere, kind a brand new database with no tables.
- Configure the brand new database and double examine that your database person account has the required permissions to import database info.